Monday, February 11, 2013

30 things

If you follow me on Pinterest, you know that I love LOVE to pin a smorgasbord of topics from food I want to cook, fashion ideas, baby shower ideas & also for my future kids. Hopefully that last train will start this Christmas (fingers crossed!)

One of the pins I found (on my lunch break at work) was 30 things my kids should now about me.


I just now got a chance to really look at it and for someone who doesn't have kids yet- I think its important to have this info handy so that when we welcome our first, second, etc-- they will know more about us than we are their parents.  Plus its just good info to know overall- who knows maybe a family tradition to start!

Here we go. {I will be completing quite a few for the next week, or two. One day I will print them in a book for my kids.}

1) List 20 random facts about yourself.
a) I was a Miss South Carolina finalist.
b) When I was little, I wanted to start a band named Skittles.
c) My parents told me that had I been a boy, I'd been named Clay.
d) My first blog was on Xanga after high school.
e) I associate with my personality to that of Lorelai Gilmore.
f) If you look closely at my grandma, my mom & my pinkies- they all curve in on both hands.
g) I only let myself have Coldstone once a year (or twice if we feel generous).
h) I dyed my hair blonde on a whim and it took 13 hrs.
i) I have to have music playing all day or I get a migraine.
j) I once evacuated a hotel on a youth retreat.
k) For my 30th birthday, I'm making myself a cake boss cake.
l) I met my husband online (& I'm perfectly content with this).
m) I've coupon-ed since I was 17.
n) When I was younger, I used to put dryer sheets on my pillow to sleep.
o) Every night, I put on baby night time lotion to fall asleep.
p) Every time I watch DC Cupcakes, I brainstorm cakes for friends' birthdays. One day I'll make one.
q)  When I was a girl scout- (thanks to my dad)-- I sold 300 boxes as a Brownie.
r) When I need a good swim, my husband & I take a swim at a Disney hotel ;)
s) I wasn't introduced to my love of queso until Spring 2010 in grad school. ;)
t) After every (major) holiday, my hubby & I stock up decor/holiday items. Kinda cute, eh? :)

2) Describe 3 legitimate fears & how they became fears.
a) Spiders- think its quite clear. They're gross. Just seeing one makes me want to be sick :(
b) Heights- when I get too high up, I get lightheaded and fail I will faint.
c) Broccoli- Every time I've ever eaten it-- I gag. It could be good but I just cant stomach it.

3) Describe your relationship with your spouse.: As I mentioned I met my husband on a non well known website about two months after I graduated college. When we talked, I found my better half & genuine best friend. Every time he looks at me, I feel giddy. He knows me so well-- can easily make any thing better. He gives the best hugs & kisses. We work as a team and we know what our goals are & what we need to do to achieve them. I could easily write a book on this one. Baha he makes me laugh.

Our first cruise. Fall 2012


4) List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could: 
-Don't be mad at mom, she's not the one with an attitude. It's all you.
-Not all things are worth getting upset about.
-Having a boyfriend isn't the key to happiness.
-Eating your feelings is sO not worth it.
-The popular girls won't always be #1.
-Only give people your time and friendship when they are willing to do the same. 
-You are loved no matter what.
-Mom & Dad only have your best interest in my mind, keep them on your side.
-It's okay to be different inside & out. 
-Laugh more!



5) What are the 5 things that would make you the happiest right now?
-If my student loans were mysteriously paid off in full.
-If I could miraculously lose the remaining 85 lbs overnight.
-If my teeth could be as perfect as a models.
-Having more money in my account.
-A much nicer car!

6) If you could have three wishes- what would you wish for? *Better neighbors, fudge, a Jacuzzi in my backyard.

7) What is your dream job & why? There's a 50/50 on this. Wish I'd stuck with education in college so I'd be that second grade teacher I wanted to be. Or to be a counselor/therapist. Basically I want to make a lifetime of difference for others and feel I have genuinely impacted a life for the better. 

There are many more but I'll pick up with the next few tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.