Thursday, June 12, 2014

#throwbackthursdays

Every week, I join the world in remembering those flashback moments from years ago. I think I am going to start using Thursdays to post more than just one #tbt photo. If you follow me on Instagram HERE, you can see all my various pics but on here I want to keep track of the best memories I've made. (This could be a fun link up - all of us sharing our stories of special memories every week!)

Four years ago, this July I got engaged at Disney's Boardwalk Resort. (I make a big deal about dates - I loudly & proudly share why their important - got this gem of a memory from my dad!) One year prior to that, I started dating my boyfriend. In order to share the engagement & collage, let's back up and start from the foundation of where it all began..

I met my husband online. After a string of unsuccessful relationships online, there was something about his profile. When I first read it - I was smiling. (That's a good start, riiight?) He wrote that he liked The Office, time with his family, catching Cardinals games and to those that know him, he's basically a Disney fanatic!
He had me at hello. We started talking right away and would spend hours getting to know each other, daily. At the time my parents weren't thrilled because I had just graduated college and I was supposed to be finding a job, the dating scene could wait. But when you know, you know. He told me right off the bat that after his summer internship with Disney ended, he would be returning to finish his last semester of college. I told him that wouldn't be an issue, that's not a deal breaker for me. Our first date was park hopping at Disney, we managed to do all 4 parks and saw a movie in ONE day. (Not sure if you've ever done that, but it's exhausting!) After our really long first date, we kept talking and I kept job hunting. The latter had no real success. A couple weeks before he left, I had landed an volunteer internship position in the Education field. I kept going to job interviews but nothing was happening. My relationship with C blossomed fast. I was able to introduce him to my mom & sister the day he was leaving to fly home. They both liked him which also, a good sign. Part of my heart broke once he boarded his flight. I had fallen hard quickly but knew that he was my future.

After he left, the job front was basically crickets. Job fairs, interviews and lots of tension because I missed C and wanted to be with him. After him being gone for a month, I realized that it was time for my next great adventure. He was pretty excited of my plans. His parents who'd never met me allowed me to come live with them temporarily in transport to my first apartment. So, I told my parents who immediately weren't thrilled. We didn't get along. But I was moving two weeks after my 24th birthday. My birthday present from my parents (the only thing I asked for) - a oneway ticket to Kansas City, Missouri on October 14th, 2009. Which they gifted me with and while they didn't like it, I spent my birthday in tears, packing because all I wanted was to leave. However, I still enjoyed my birthday. I went out to dinner w/my parents and had Key Lime Pie for my dessert. I was also happy because it was the first time in my life when a boyfriend got me a birthday gift. Part of the reason I was more compassionate towards my parents was after talking to C's mom who told me she was praying for me in all of this. She wished me a Happy Birthday. That was the sweetest gesture from the mom  (who I'd never met) of my then-serious boyfriend who I was relocating halfway across the country for.



I fell hard for my husband and I do everyday. Next week, I will share my next #throwbackthursday post on moving to the Midwest and all of the adventures that arose from that. Thanks for stopping by. See you back here tomorrow for Five on Friday - celebrating my week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.