Wednesday, March 5, 2014

TGBTL: Blogging keeps me sane.

Happy Wednesday, y'all. Hope your week has started off with a bang. Or that it's going well. For those of you just stopping by my blog - WELCOME! I'm so glad you're here. Today, & every Wednesday - I link up with Hayley & Lauren for this awesome link up. I encourage you to participate if your heart so desires.
 
This week's linkup is: Why do you blog? Tell us what got you started, what keeps you going, or where you want to go! This is your chance to tell us why you invest your time here day in and day out!

I am a visual person so for me to process - I have to see it myself. Let's go!
 
1. When I was a sophomore in high school, I signed up and took a Creative Writing course as an elective class & LOVED every minute. So many memories flooded my head that I was able to share and it was so therapeutic in those not so enjoyable high school years - that I realized how much I truly love writing. Blogging keeps me sane, I say it a lot but it's very true.  

What got me started two years ago, I was flipping through old journals and realized that I needed a creative outlet. Writing unleashes a part of me that I keep very private (to a degree!) It helps me process and appreciate the memories and experiences that I've witnessed firsthand. I am not blessed with talents like both my SIL's have with painting or drawing. It's come up a lot but I am working on my first book to encourage and inspire both tweens/teen girls & heck even ladies my age.
 
 
Lastly - I blog because it's my gift, my voice and my outlet. It can help twist a seemingly rough day into a much more positive one from taking time to process and write everything out. This is a gift I received from my dad, who is a great writer. I was blessed to appreciate writing memories and just keeping stories upfront. This is also a great skill and talent I plan to instill and develop in my own children so they're able to inspire themselves & their future selves.
 
Thank you for stopping by! ~ Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Writing also helps my bad days by giving me a place to vent and release some of the thoughts bouncing around in my head!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.