Wednesday, December 18, 2013

TGBTL Week #3: My (fave) Go-to Recipe!


Girl Between the Lines Link up 

Happy Wednesday, friends! Absolutely loving these link ups & getting to spend time making new friends. For those who just stopped by my blog - welcome, glad you're here. Every Wednesday, I link up with Hayley & Lauren for 'The Girl Between the Lines' linkup. If you want to share or need more info on this fantastic linkup, go here!

Today's prompt is: What is my go-to meal?

I love cooking and I discovered this recipe while I was a Pampered Chef consultant. For those who are unclear of what Pampered Chef is - its amazing cookware. It's pricey but worth it for those who love cooking/baking :)

Anywho - the story behind this recipe is that since I have a late shift every week - I was getting frustrated because I'd get home and not feel like I had any good substance meals for my husband & I. I still get frustrated from time to time since that hasn't changed but I am addicted to this recipe & it's worth the time prepping/cooking because you can tweak it as much as you want. For example: I love pepperoni & mushrooms - and because this is individualized to a degree - if I wanted to add that in on mine -- I could & it would be a fantastic win-win.

Now that I've written a mini novel as my back story, my go to recipe is Pizza Sliders.
[Set your oven to 415 & your timer for 11 minutes.]

Ingredients: 1 bowl (I use my batter bowl), 1 packet of yeast. 1 tsp sugar. 1 c warm water*Also - pizza sauce, shredded cheese, optional toppings. & Pam spray. 

NOTE: I've found that it's easier to prep the dough the night before & keep it chilled. Much easier to work with and takes most of the work away for dinner. (Win win!)

  • Empty the yeast into your bowl with the sugar & water. *NOTE: It's vital that the water is a good balance of warm & not too hot. If its too hot - I've found that it makes everything complicated)*
  • Mix everything, set a timer for 10-11 minutes. I look for a bubble-sh form so I know everything is good.
    After the 10 minutes -in the same bowl, add 2-2 1/2 c. of bread flour, 2 Tbs of olive oil, dash of salt. Mix up, but don't over mix! Flour counter top. Roll out dough. Cut out individual circles/or whatever cutter you have on hand.


** Fill in each space of your brownie pan, w/ a spray of Pam & a circle of dough so it should resemble something like this. (Put a spoonful of pizza sauce in there as illustrated on the left).*



Put as much or little of shredded cheese/pepperoni as you'd like on each piece. 


& then you will have this amazingness waiting for you!
This recipe is so popular in my household that I sometimes double the batch if I want to have more on hand or if its a busy week so that its a quick & easy meal. It's a favorite with my husband too. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness these look so cute AND delicious!!!! And totally manageable! :) I plan on trying this one soon! Thanks for sharing, jessica! :) And linking up with us again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I soooo want to try these soon!!! They look delish!!! :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so great! They would make the best little appetizers! Thanks for joining us again for TGBTL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.