Monday, October 13, 2014

Why society's input doesn't matter. #dearladies

Hello, thanks for stopping by. Today is Monday so this means - another post in the #dearladies series - which every post on Mondays are for inspiring & encouraging every woman who reads my blog.

Everyday upon waking up - us ladies are bombarded with WHAT society demands us to be - from the brands of makeup/clothes, the type of car we drive, what we eat, who our friends are and how it is implied we have ZERO imput or freedom to be ourselves.

To which I say, LIARS! I also say (from a mountain): NO! 

The beautiful part of living in America period equals FREEDOM for individuality. Another part is that what society wants - no one really cares. Society wants -- no one really cares what they think. Sometimes it's implied we do in TV shows, news, magazines to be 'politically correct' but not really.


The truth is, as long as we're adults, we go to work & pay our bills so that we're the BEST responsible version of ourselves, it really doesn't matter if you rock 3 hair colors or combat boots with shorts. (I'd recommend not wearing to most interviews - but my two cents here).


Each of us living in a country where freedom is promised is allowed to express our individuality!

Plus, as Christian women - we have free will and opportunity to be ourselves because when God created EACH of us - He knit us together individually within our mothers. He created us in His image. 

Whether or not you're religious - know that God made us individually. We each have our talents, skills and qualities that make us "US." He didn't make and create us with a 'one size fits all approach." He created each of us with an open invitation to know and appreciate what makes us special. Sooo if you are like me and you fit into the following categories:


You love Target/Starbucks especially when they're combined simultaneously.
Really appreciate Netflix.
Slightly sarcastic at all times.
Love to coupon.
Could live at Target 365. 

But hey if you don't - more power to you! 

Remember: Everyone tries be like everyone else. Don't fall short and be in that crowd. Be you and no one else, they're all taken. And know that you're ABSOLUTELY beautiful and whenever society tries to give their unsolicited opinion, try these 3 ideas:
  1. Laugh loudly! (if in public - you may get a few crazy looks but I say, go for it. I do it often!
  2. I'm a Hilary Duff fan so why not do a crazy dance! haha (Video here)
  3. Keep on being YOU! Find a way to appreciate this truth. Shop online. Take time to indulge yourself. 
Regardless what makes you shine and sparkle -- point blank: Whether or not you fit into society's standards, society doesn't apply to yours. In any way shape or form. This topic will be included heavier in my book that I am writing but I wanted to share what was on my heart now about this topic. :)

Thanks for stopping by. Tomorrow is a prime vital date in the history of my husband & I. Tomorrow I'll be reminscing from 5 years ago and why this date is forever etched into my mind/heart <3

~ Jessica

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.