Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Why we plan our A D V E N T U R E S.

To answer this simply, hubs & I are planners.

Adventure is worthwhile in itself. - Amelia Earhart
 From as early as I can remember, I've been the girl who got really excited for 'Back to School' shopping. & not for the reason of school supplies. I did love getting new stuff but my fave part was picking out a cutesy planner for the year. By the end of my semesters in college, I'd legit have like 3-4 planners. Yeah. #awkward - No one needs that many planners! I'd plan to buy more planners. When I met my husband, I am pretty sure he thought intially this weird obsessive planning streak was NOT attractive. ;)

I've been really happily blessed to do life with the man of mine. Our 1st big adventure - I moved from my hometown after graduating college halfway around the world to Kansas, small town life - for him. No regrets - I'd do it again in a heartbeat!! When we first started dating & had a lot more time on our hands - we could afford to do things on a whim. We could take a night at the carnival after our graduate classes ended. We could walk from our apartment to the snow cone shop at the end of the road at 10pm. We bought a car together. We adopted our two dogs together. We made promises to live our lives together, one adventure at a time. Sometimes it feels like our life gets clogged up, midst the dreams to travel, live at Disney ;), and take all of the cruises we find. It really genuinely feels like that at times.

Because our adventures have kind of transformed into other areas of our life - we have mini adventures of sorts: We're both getting fit/healthy so we can start a family. We make our fast passes so we can enjoy our frequent Disney trips without standing in line for 75 minutes. I coupon/use apps and save money while babysitting here & there so to pay down student loan debt. We live pretty frugally for the purpose of paying down loans faster. We take care of our house, inside and out for the idea of having a sanctuary after work - something to be proud of. To really live on the wild side, I keep Groupon and Target on my fingertips to find more date nights/home decor that we love.

We make our vacation plans well in advance for our own reasons. Sometimes we stay up late talking. Regardless of the adventures we want to have, we'll always be planning first. One day the student loans and the mortgage will be paid off, we'll have a family and we'll be parents making decisions to make sure our kids have adventures of their own. But for right now, I am a planner who loves her adventures.

Thanks for stopping by! ~ The Robinsons, xo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.