Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Your M I S T A K E S {don't have to} define YOU.

Hello. I kind of wish it was still the weekend, myself. Sunday was my one full day off and it wasn't long enough. I will not regret the 3 hour nap I took though and it was marvelous. I celebrated Super Bowl Sunday with my sistas/parents & spent most of the night watching YouTube or making videos. Haha.

Today, I want to share something that I have a heart for and that is encouraging others. When I was growing up and find myself struggling in an area - I'd get down on myself and call myself a dummy or tell myself I'm stupid. We can't do this, y'all. Over time, we believe these lies and think they are true. I know that I am not a dummy or stupid - there are just areas in my life that I am not as strong as the next person.


What other lies do we believe? Our mistakes.
Mistakes are unfortunate events that are just a part of life, whether its as simple as not trying on clothes and walking out the fitting room door, not realizing you locked yourself outside. (true story!) Or complicated as getting into an accident and being taken to court (current true story).

Just because we find ourselves having made mistakes or having circumstances in our lives because of some one else's mistakes does NOT mean - it needs to define you, your life or anything in this perimeter. The only thing this means is that in a temporary case - it may not always be super enjoyable because of the ripple caused in your life.

We've all made tons of mistakes. & we're going to continue to make them. That's a part of life we can't run away from or ignore despite our best efforts. BUT - the thing you can control is how you react. If you sink into a pity party everytime, it's not going to change your circumstances or make anything better.

When I was a freshman in college, attending out of state. I had met this guy online and basically things got too physical too fast. We didn't go that far but we went farther than we should have and while I had to deal with circumstances at my super religious college, the guilt and emotions of everything hung over me like an ominous black cloud. I made a mistake - I kissed a guy and let him get to close to me. I didn't guard my heart, thankfully nothing happened that was a permanent error but the school I was attending made me feel like this mistake of mine was going to be a permanent scar in life. 

After this semester, I took time off because I hated that a school who claims to love Jesus didn't accept me because I sinned differently, I made an error and I didn't fit in their cookie cutter mold. This happened 10 years ago this Valentine's Day. Even though I regret letting him be my first kiss - it's a distant memory that doesn't get remembered. It's already been forgiven and doesn't deserve any emotion.

As always, thank you for stopping by. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.