Saturday, January 31, 2015

Celebrating January's M I L E S T O N E S .

Hey y'all. This first month in 2015 has been incredible satiating for me in terms of weight loss.

When The Biggest Loser first came on TV back in the day, I was in my sophomore year of college. I had definitely put on the 'Freshman 15' and then some. I knew I needed to lose weight and it's been a challenge since I was thirteen to be perfectly transparent. I couldn't just leave college mid semester if they selected me for the show to workout and lose the weight. But the concept of the Biggest Loser (as it applies to weight loss) is something that I am always thinking about - and I am on my way.

My goal in January was to kick start my weight loss again (after the holidays) but to be consistent. My biggest struggle is that I have a sweet tooth. All month long - I have been working really hard to kick out the junk that I used to treat myself to at anytime. The first to go really has been Starbucks. Anyone that knows me can tell you that I help keep Starbucks in business. After years of having fraps, I finally transitioned over to iced lattes and iced coffees to salvage my day's calorie intake. I love my Starbucks, I won't be shy about that. But I just can't have it at the frequency I'd love to or else I will never reach my goal. So in my mind: Weight Goal > Starbucks. 

This month I achieved my goals:
*I am consistently working out daily.
*I am planning my meals, staying accountable to MyFitnessPal, even on days when I have chocolate.
*I come home after work, lounge for a bit and get right into the working out, because I want too.
*I am part of the JessicaSmithTV workout community, finishing challenges and pushing myself.
*I have been training for this 5K on Valentine's Day & I am really excited to run it.

& I lost 7.2 lbs this month! That is huge for me. What a way to kick the year off with a bang. :)

I am pretty confident that February will be another awesome month for weight loss efforts! Xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.