Sunday, January 11, 2015

Weekend Reflections..



2015 is my year. 

- I celebrated my 4th workiversary on Monday with my company. That is a milestone as when I first started this job, I didn't like it. But I've grown a lot in my positions and I really feel like after this time that I've come full circle. I've made some good friends, shared some great memories and I am really optimistic about the opportunities that are waiting for me.

- I am finally back to working out, consistently. My goal is to ring in my 30th in October - weighing a lot less, closer to my goal weight and knowing that I worked hard physically to get there. My 30th era is coming and I am excited - so much to look forward to - having a family, vacations - paying off student loans and seeing what is on the other side. My 20's have mostly been good to me - but I am ready to bring in a new chapter. & yes, I am already planning my big celebration to be something great & memorable.

- Tonight I caught up with my good friend over Starbucks and it was refreshing to be able to share the passion we each for being crafty together. I've known this friend for almost 10 years - this July and it's crazy to think how each of us has grown, matured and embraced live in our own individual ways. This is a milestone friendship with this one. She was one of my Maid of Honors, and has been my best friend for 10 years. I don't really use that term anymore  because my husband is my best friend but paired with four others - she also holds that title :)  2015 is going to be our year collectively as we find ourselves doing what we love to do.

- Tonight before my friend date - I picked up my order from Home Depot and I slightly laughed. Usually I don't shop at Home Depot like I do Target. But last week - I had some extra money and wanted to invest in my home, never a bad idea - and bought some new towel bars for my bathroom - that looked classy, and ones that Ron Burgundy would be proud of. I walked in the store, with my cute leggings and my favorite Vera Bradley bag and prob looked like a fish outta water..

- Back to the working out obsession in my life. I can tell that this is back to being a priority. I've watched the junk I put in my body, when I get home from work - the very FIRST thing I want to do is work out and I just feel great after a good workout. I saw a basket of Cadbury Creme Eggs, and while they were tempting -- I took a picture of them but didn't even pick one up to entertain the thought. I got my goals and I am not afraid to work out hard now to look good later.

- Gilmore Girls marathons rock my face off. This show saved my life during high school and I love how the stories of the characters are invested in my life. I always pride the fact that I am as sarcastic as Lorelai. But when Luke + Lorelai broke up - I had tears in my eyes. This show is the bees knees, y'all. & I thank God that it's on Netflix :)

So I challenge each of you - pick SOMETHING or two that you want to learn how to do it and accomplish it. For the longest time, I lived in fear about my chest size and running. This year I taking up these 5 things to the best of my ability and I know the hard work/effort will pay off in the end. What is YOUR something??

1) Running at my comfortable pace.
2) Sewing 
3) Crocheting
4) Knitting
5) Finishing my book to get published!

So - cheers to you + I for the year ahead. Big plans for me and I am thrilled for each of them. First things first - getting the rest I need to work out, to be able to lose the weight, to wear the dress on the beach. So, goodnight + thank you for stopping by. Enjoy your Sunday. <3 - Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.