Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mind overload.

Today wasn't my best day but thankfully I'm feeling better than when I got home from work last night.

I think I am going to start opening up my posts with encouraging scripture (to help keep me positive) & quote of someone whose achieved greatness. I feel like its helpful to share other perspective as no matter how bad my day is or whatever my thought process is--  it's important to be positive.

So, ever since I was in high school, one of my favorite verses in the world has been Proverbs 16:3.

Put God in charge of your work & what you have planned will take place. (The Message)
Sooo.. My mind has been feeling a bit of overload lately. So, I am just gonna unpack my head and talk through it all.

First, my husband feels I am starting to hoard. A few weeks ago, my parents brought some more of my stuff over to our house so that I could go through it and decide if I wanted it. One of those items was one of my favorite items from childhood: my dollhouse that I got as a little girl. When I grew up, I wanted to keep it and give it to my future daughters. This morning, my husband reminded me that most kids want new stuff and won't care about sentimental things. So, now I am torn what to do. Any ideas would be great.

Secondly, I am thankful for my job but its not what I went to college for. I realize that unless your a teacher, doctor, lawyer, etc-- that you could be in this boat too. Everywhere around me people in my life are working at something they are somewhat passionate about. I am passionate about writing but my day job is verifying/packaging financial aid. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful (especially in this economy) to have a job. But I just wish I was in a job that made me feel like I am accomplishing something big. April 2013 is when I graduate with my Master's & I just want to use it to be the best version of myself.

Thirdly, a few years ago, I had an accident at WalMart that involved slipping in a puddle and slamming my head against a door in the frozen food section. I also hurt my knee in the process, and every once in awhile, the pain comes back. This week its back when I am trying to wrap up my January with a big amt of pounds lost.

Fourthly-  Since my husband & I have seriously started talking about trying for our first baby, it just so happens my alternative home, Target is having their baby clearance sale & I'm also keeping Craigslist/garage sales on my mind. This is my first kid & since I've had hypothyroidism my whole life, I am just trying to stay positive and know that my first baby is going to come and change my life. I'm sure this is nervous for a 20 something lady to be nervous but I'm just ready to have a baby but to get pregnant, I have to be the best version of myself & finally lose the weight I've dealt with since I was 11.

On top of these 4 big things on my mind comes the typical thoughts of ... 'boy, my house feels really messy!' 'Boy, I am so ready to be healthy.' I've never been a runner but I am determined to change that. I am tired of telling myself I can't. March 2nd, I am changing that. I am running the Central Florida Children's 5k that my dad so graciously registered me for.

That's not all, I am determined to start training and working up to a 15 minute mile to run with my family at the OUC Half Marathon in Downtown Orlando this December.. :) & then Jan 2014- my first Color Run with my best friends.

So, I felt I wanted to encourage myself knowing that I am not gonna tell myself - I can't run and that I am going to be the best version of myself. I am going to jog/run in 3 runs. & I am going to lose the remaining 85 lbs by my birthday on 10/3.

Hope you all have an incredible week. Any tips or suggestions, feel free to send them my way.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.