Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

Happy 2013! Hope you enjoyed celebrating the end of 2012 while bringing in the start of 2013. I chilled at home with my dogs and my husband.  We watched 'Ugly Betty', thank youuuu Hulu for most of the night. We caught the ball dropping in Times Square on TV which is my husband's big tradition. We had our kiss at midnight, toasted with Martenelli's Sparkling cider (by far the best) & hit the hay. My neighbors on the left partied a bit too much until after 1AM (they had the cops called on them by someone in our neighborhood-- thank you to whoever you were).

My parents showed up last night and treated us to dinner at Boston Market. So delish and nice to have an unexpected dinner. Moments after getting back, my best friend and her new fiance showed up. They got engaged Sunday and I was so excited to see her ring & her & him. They're so cute. Can't wait for our double dinner date next weekend! :)

Now that January 1st is here- I am really motivated to get the weight loss goin'. I may have over celebrated today with truffles but I am ready to get my 'Biggest Loser' weight loss back on track. I took a short break for the holidays and I feel so gross. Time to get back on track. So excited. In preparation of being a size 8, I started a wish list of items I'd like to get clothes wise. For a years now, my parents have gifted me at Christmas and Birthdays for new (work) clothes. This fall, I will be taking advantage of those past gifts from my parents. I've reminded my mom a few times and she already can't wait. Neither can I.

Never been one to think politics all the time but I just realized that my first paycheck of 2013 is a lot smaller than I thought. Stupid fiscal cliff has taken more out of my paycheck & caused our budget to be cut more. Ugh. Not thrilled.

This also has caused me to worry about my Pampered Chef biz. I just started in October and with these new cuts in my budget, I am just trying to stay positive. I'm aiming to keep it open based on more hosts for parties. My one year anniversary as a consultant is next Halloween, and I know I have a wedding shower booked this fall for my best friend :) YAY. I'm also a bridesmaid in her wedding this fall, so that's definitely EXTRA motivation for me to lose ALL my weight this year. I'm already 32 lbs down. I'll be sharing pics as I lose the weight to keep my momentum going.

For those who are thinking about losing some weight- feel free to consider these ideas:
1) Use MyFitnessPal on your phone/computer to track your food. My mom gave me this idea. I didn't do it before but I've used it since April '12 when I wanted to be more serious about weight loss. It's been instrumental in my first 32 lbs of weight loss. It's free and so easy. Good to have accountability.

2) Drink more water. I've held myself to a new standard this time. I only let myself drink water during the week and if I need flavor- I add a squirt or two of Mio, water enhancer. I drink about 4-5 cups a day & it truly helps me glow.

3) Rotate your workout regimen. My big goal is to stay active whether continuing to master Zumba, Just Dance 4, (3 or 2). Cleaning. Walking my dogs. Starting to bring a pedometer by walking/jogging w/ my pups. & hopefully soon--running.

My goal is to lose all the weight by October 2013. It would be great to lose the weight before my 28th birthday on 10/3 but if not, its okay.

By losing this weight will give me a chance to wear a size, I've never been.
Apt 9/Kohl's jeans.
Apt. 9 Ruffle Swim Separates
Love this bathing suit from Apt 9/Kohl's.    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.