Sunday, November 16, 2014

Weekend Roundup.

So, hello again. I took a few weeks off to refresh and focus on circumstances that needed my attention. In return - I feel brighter, happier and ready to get back to what I was doing on here - meeting new friends (which is harder than I thought) + being transparent about myself in hopes of inspiring one person in the world .. or two ;)

So let's catch up on me from the past few weeks.

- Family: Chris + I don't really go on specific date nights all the time. It's a luxury kind of thing and when it happens - it's marvelous. We go out during the week after work and that's kind of our 'us' time. But this week - we changed it up - we tried out a new burger joint here in Winter Park, FL - Shake Shack. It's a burger joint from New York + it's super fresh and oh so deeelish. Everything is fresh and made to order. Every bite of my hamburger was incredible. Plus, the bacon on it - that was a bonus. :) Have a peek & try to not salivate..


- Family, round 2: My mom is one of my best friends. She has been active/fit her entire life and it shows - she is awesome. Recently, she became a certified personal trainer + I am her first client. We've been working out together for a month strengthening me and helping me get back on track with the fitness. 

I tried going it alone for 2 years to lose weight and I did lose 40 lbs but after the weight crept back up - I turned to the expert and let her in to help. I am proud to say I've lost 4 lbs this month we've worked together. & I am excited for the transformation that's begun.. :) So much that paired with my new IPhone - I bought myself a new gift to treat myself. 


This new pink purse from Kohl's is my first treat of many to keep working hard, to keep pushing hard + over time I will see the weight fall off. It's a fantastic feeling so far + I am excited to accomplish my first bigger goal in the coming months!  

I guess its a blessing my in-laws don't really do dessert so for Thanksgiving - I'll be making my mom's homemade mashed potatoes. I made them myself the first time tonight + I hit a pot o' gold. :) 

I must say that while I did catch up on Scandal this weekend -- I got some good cleaning around the house - cleaning out drawers, we can see our kitchen table again + its a good feeling goin into the week that the kitchen/living room is all clean. Laundry is done. Groceries are bought. It's gonna be a good week - excited for our upcoming time off + Thanksgiving overall. & Amazon's Black Friday deals. :) :)

What a great weekend! <3 Thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll stop by tomorrow for my series on Mondays where my goal is to overcome Monday blues while inspiring + encouraging anyone who stops over. I'll be talking about perceptions from others. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.