Saturday, January 5, 2013

#operationredbikini

So, this morning- I did my first weigh in of the year. I lost 4 pounds this week :)

I'm pretty excited. I absolutely love knowing the weight is starting to come off, I was getting a tad nervous.

Definitely encouraged to keep it going especially because now I need to lose 86 pounds to be done (until I get pregnant). A lot of people have asked why I am aiming towards such a big number.

Let me answer that question as honestly as possible.

#1) I have struggled with weight since I was 11. I had a pretty unhealthy relationship with food in that I used it to hide my feelings or struggles in high school. I didn't have the best experience in high school, was bullied throughout middle school and some of high school. So, now I am changing my outlook on food and how many portions I have.

#2) I've seen the number on the scale & while I don't let it define who I am because its just a number; it does have a say in the sense of what size I am currently wearing AS OPPOSED TO the size I am aiming for-- size 8/9 :)

#3) As much as I would love to take a few months off & be on Biggest Loser-- I don't have the paid time off or the means to live on a ranch with Jillian Michaels. She'd be a bit too much to deal with 24/7.

So there you have it- I'm working my tush off to lose 86 more pounds because I need to be fit & healthy :)

& in other news...

-Usually I'm an overachiever with hw for school but trying to drum up motivation for my final paper wasn't there. However, I had to be at work 2 hours early today so I was able to get 4 pages done. YAY for being a month ahead.

-Tonight my husband & I had an impromptu date night. Nice to talk to him w/ great food & not w/ our two dogs watching/begging for food. Just saying, it was nice to shake things up.

-I met with my host after work today. We talked about the show next Saturday & I'm pretty psyched. I love being a Pampered Chef consultant. :)

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend! Here's to another great wk towards #operationredbikini :)

2 comments:

  1. That's quite a way to start off the year! Great loss this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the loss! I am trying to lose another 50 lbs. I have lost 15 lbs so far. YAY for the impromptu date nights. :)

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.