Sunday, October 19, 2014

Best Therapy is Free.

Hooray for the weekend, y'all. I found out today the million dollar answer that my sis in law will be having a baby girl in February. Her brother is adorbs and I know this one will be spoiled by me - gladly & loudly :)

I really really enjoy Saturdays that involve all of the following: sampling delish foods @ Sam's Club, Starbucks/Target combination to redeem my free birthday concoction of my choosing. I also indulged slightly for one of their not so healthy chocolate chip cookies. But the most therapeutic part of my day? Cleaning. The type of cleaning that never appealed to me until now. I took all of my pans, dishes, pots, out of every nook/cranny in my kitchen. I proceeded to wipe down the entire space with my handy disinfectant wipes and then proceed to put the pans/pots/jazz in its rightful places. But the beauty of this cleaning spree is that it allowed me organize. It allowed me to escape and put my focus into finding the right fit for my pots/pans. Best 3 hours of my weekend!

After the hubs & I finished our hard work, he surprised me by treating us to ChickFilA for dinner. We don't usually get to treat ourselves here but because it's THAT delectable and crave worthy - I got to experience their chicken noodle soup & lemonade again. After I had surgery in February, that soup was golden for me. I love it. & I got their 2015 cowlendar. $7! It's a fun way to support the company (that I used to work for) and the delish food... Hooray for 2015 :)

The best part about my Sunday thus far besides this gorgeous weather in FL - is that I put my crockpot to work this morning. One of my all time fave recipe that I found online is Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken. I've never made it in a crockpot before but so far - my kitchen smells incredibly good. I didn't have all the spices needed but combining cayenne, pepper, garlic and thyme + chicken + crockpot for 8 hours = DELISH. :) Thank God for Sam's Club prices on chicken. Dinner is done and this means more time for family, Once Upon A Time and working on my book while watching Gilmore Girls too. :) Happy wife,  happy life indeed.

Thanks for stopping by. Tomorrow is my 4th post in my #dearladies series mean to inspire and encourage everyone that stops by blog. One day - maybe it will be a viral linkup - but for now - its just my voice and I trying to change the mindset for a good week on a Monday. No case of the Mondays for this one! :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Xo. ~ Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.