Thursday, December 12, 2013

Finish the Sentence with Holly & Jake

button 
Woot. I am on a blogging spree today. I found this linkup while browsing other blogs and because I feel like a chatty Cathy today - I need something to take the edge off. If you are just stopping by my blog - welcome. This is my first successful attempt at this linkup & I've officially made a reminder on my phone to make this a consistent date. (I have to plan ahead or I will feel like this):

1. My favorite Christmas was the first one I had when I was dating my now-husband, Chris. I had just moved halfway across the country two and a half months prior - and met his family all at once. I wasn't expecting much from them since they didn't know me but it made me so happy when I got quite a few presents under the tree from my future in-laws because they wanted too. Extra bonuses for me :)

2. The worst Christmas I had was probably when I was in my first year of college. At the time, I went to school out of state so when I returned for a month- I was in that weird limbo/transition state. I just felt like I didn't belong being home. (Glad that feeling is gone!)*
3. That one gift that made me scratch my head and say, "Hmmmm" was when my grandparents gave me an emergency car kit. Still unsure of the logic there - I mean I get the safety logic but wasn't too thrilled to be seventeen and get a car emergency kit. #awkward
4. One year I made an effort to stay up late and help my mom with wrapping gifts, adjust stockings & it made us even closer since she had so much to get done.
5. I think the worst gift to give is a gift card. Especially to a place I never go too. It's quick but pretty meaningless unless you're just at a complete lost - then why not, send a text & get ideas. *I over analyzed that.*
6. At Christmastime I typically pretty chill. I am a bargain hunter & get great deals. So I feel pretty good, I just have to remind myself to watch the sugar intake & not indulge TOO much.*
7. Typically, family Christmas is with my husband & my parents/siblings. The real chaos comes when my in-laws move here next Christmas. 
8. If I could change one thing about the Holiday season, I wouldn't. Goes to fast as is.
9. It is so hard to buy for my brother. He is very picky & I never know if he will like my gifts unless I get really lucky. Like last year with the TMNT pajama pants @ Tarjay. That was golden.
10. My favorite Christmas tradition is watching Charlie Brown Christmas while making Christmas cookies.
11. Santa, baby, bring me an entire new wardrobe, courtesy of Kohl's. That's not too hard is it ;)
Be blessed! - Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the linkup world!! We try to do one a month, so look for more! Thanks for linking with us and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.