Sunday, December 1, 2013

2014 {resolutions} begun.

One month from now, we'll be celebrating a new year. One month from now, we'll be starting or continuing our New Year's Resolutions. For the past few weeks, I've been trying to get re-pumped to hit back to the working out. I decided today that I wanted to start 31 days early on my goals for 2014. Boy did I start. I found this site (fitnessblender) which does at-home workouts, and they were just as intense as I need. Tonight I started with a ballet inspired barre workout & I will definitely be sore tomorrow. But I am ready to get back on it. I want to lose 10 lbs or more. I know most people wait until the New Year to start working out but usually these 'resolutions' don't make it past March. I got a significant amount to lose and am hoping to lose it all by my 3rd wedding anniversary. I made a daily 'workout date' on my phone to remind me that 1 hour of my day + good choices (all day) is vital to my success. I'm excited to see where I am weight wise as of January 1st.

I cannot believe its December. This year has flown by and so did my time off from work for Thanksgiving. Along with working out, my husband & I have a busy yet turning point *slash year* ahead with 2014. We've been working hard in the past few years and I feel like in the year to come - all of our efforts will start to pay off. Today & yesterday we got our tree up, I wrote & sent out our Christmas letter to family & friends and if not most importantly - we fiercely got our clean on. We cleaned our living room, re-organized what was in cabinets & out. I tackled a job I've been piling up - my side of the closet. (Ever since watching a season of Hoarders), I've noticed that I was starting to become one in my 'never throw anything away' mindset. I have a great big donation for Goodwill, room in my closet and I feel mentally more organized. I spent three hours in my closet today while watching a favorite show and while I am not done - I feel like I made a great big dent.

To wrap up our weekend - we got into the holiday spirit - happily.

We watched the classic 'Christmas Vacation' with great big laughs of the Griswold family.
& I enjoyed some hot chocolate. Since it doesn't snow here, I like to find ways to make the most of the Christmas season. :)

{jessica}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.