Saturday, November 30, 2013

Highlights of my Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

Welp, Thanksgiving is over & I did get to enjoy seconds of my mom's mashed potatoes. Each bite was heavenly & you know its a hit with me when I pass over any other dish on the table for those. Another highlight of my Thanksgiving was this game: Mall Madness. I tend to bring it to my parents when its something fun to do instead of the usual. For the first time ever playing this game - when I went to the bank (to be fair - I was running out of money) it was closed. SEVEN times in a row. Insanity. But it did crack my mom & I up. It also cost me the game because I couldn't afford anything I didn't already have.

 

This year I hit the dessert bug. I made from scratch - pumpkin pie. I don't like pumpkin pie, well I've never had it but the smell of it just makes me feel sick. But I made it for my family because every one else does. For the first time ever - I made a holiday classic pie for my family & it turned out beautifully. I also made Mounds bars as well. We ended up with tons of desserts - 2 extra pies at my parents -- it was overload.

We also braved the stores for Thanksgiving sales & Black Friday today. 

Last night - we braved the cold - it was a windy 50 here but for Florida - that was the killer. (The previous night was 38 with insane winds). We waited outside Kohl's and got my husband's Christmas gifts. 

Today - we planned on Target. I've wanted to go all week. I did score some good deals.

4) A 12 pk of tumblr's for the house. Which we've been needing. 

All for a whopping $28 TOTAL. 

I've also been scouring Amazon all week but yesterday the deals started becoming ones I was interested in.
I just found out I bought the wrong Zumba - which greatly irks me. But I got the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack, a beautiful pink infinity scarf, THE playard from our baby registry (we were going to have to buy it regardless - why not save now?) 

But all in all - its been a great start to the holiday season for us. I am already planning out my cooking for Christmas.
& today my husband ordered my Christmas present - a brand new ELLIPTICAL! I can't wait to see how much weight I can lose because sometimes let's be honest - I am motivated to work out on the weekends at 1am. :)

We've been able to be quite productive since getting off work early on Wednesday. Our Christmas tree, lights, some presents are wrapped. Our house is cleaner inside, laundry & dishes are mostly done. Win win all the way around. Cleaning relaxes me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.