Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day #2 of #beingThankful

Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend thus far. This am, I was able to sleep in -- always feels nice when Friday night & I don't have to set an alarm. Not even sure what time it was when I got out of bed but mornings like this make me appreciative that we're still a year away from starting our family. Granted, I know that when my nephew was born two years ago, after I waited in line (trust me, it was a loooong line) and got to hold that gorgeous little boy -- time stood still. I got to feed him a bottle & while I was tired, I didn't care. When that moment comes for me -- I will gladly be sleep deprived because the second I blink -- they will be much older.

Anywho -- Day #2 of being thankful. I am thankful for my beautiful house. Six months after we got hitched, we were able to use our wedding gifts outside of a cramped apartment & bought our amazing house. While we think the previous owners were a tad on the cray side -- they ripped out light fixtures, shelving, and had painted the upstairs hallway a dark teal. Our downstairs living room was a bright yellow. They definitely fueled our motivation to change all of these things in our home. The Home Depot & Lowe's by our house recognize us for good reasons. We've googled & Youtube-d demos on learning how to do various tasks around the house.

We are so blessed to live where we are. I don't always love our neighbors but slowly & surely we're making our house into the home we want. I am finding a lot of different Pinterest ideas & I am finding a lot of creativity within Target. I will say that my marriage & buying our first home together has taught me alot. Growing up, I was used to my parents' decor styles at their house & obviously my husband was accustomed to his. Merging these two very different tastes has been hard. i really like pictures hanging up & different plaques. He likes bare walls. I definitely have my work cut out for me & there is a lot of compromise.

{jess}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.