Tuesday, June 10, 2014

In another life I'd be...

While blog hopping this morning of my daily reads which I don't usually get because I usually get to work and don't have time to sit and do this - but since I've changed my schedule around this summer, I have the time to peruse my blogging friends earlier. I was inspired through one of my must reads, Lauren @ 34 Magnolia Street who posted this topic this morning and this is something I've thought about over and over, more so recently.

In another life, I'd be that best selling author. From the first Creative Writing class in high school, I would have written that book to inspire & encourage teen girls. I'd had enjoyed my seasonal fame on the best sellers list and from then on, discovered that that was my calling in life. I'd live in my hometown, quiet and far away from the drama that Hollywood brings but visit enough to where people know my name. From writing, maybe I'd find that I enjoy acting or participating with talk shows. I'd meet those people I'd see on shows, I'd travel but at the end of the day, I'd be enjoying my life because its my passion.

In another life, I'd be a second grade elementary teacher. Being that I grew up around kids my entire life, everyone in my family thought that'd be a perfect fit. Throughout college, I'd find a way to where I get to interact with kids and change their lives for the better. I'd find my first teaching gig nearby and settle into this next adventure, knowing my family has my back. While in my teaching career, I'd go back to school and earn my Master's in Teaching to advance my knowledge in my field and for the multiple opportunities down the road to open up for me.

In another life, I'd be the talented baker. I'd showcase my talent all over the world, meeting the big kahunas in the business - Buddy from Cake Boss, Rachael Ray, Paula Deen - and countless others. I'd open the bakery/card store/coffee shop with my best friend. We'd have those delish treats & cards for special occasions as well as the coffee you need when you're having the best day of your life. We'd get to showcase our talent in different events, win awards, pen a memoir and maybe if we're really that lucky - Lifetime will make a movie of our story! (said fairly sarcastically)

Regardless of what has happened in my life, I am content and happy. While any of these 'other lives' would have been enjoyable - I wouldn't have my husband, my house, my dogs, my job. I'm happy where I am. I live close to the beach and having a day with Mickey isn't a dream - its our reality whenever we want it to.

















Thanks for stopping by, I'll see you back here Wednesday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.