Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Happy Third Anniversary, Chris!!

It's hard to believe three years ago today we were hustling about getting ready for our special day. You woke up to a king's buffet (so I've heard) at Disney's Old Key West resort with your family. I woke up, excited and multiple butterflies in my stomach. Not so much nervousness but so very excited to be married that day. Until our reception, I had only managed to enjoy a smoothie. I had spent the weekend with my bridesmaids celebrating and catching up at a hotel.. We also happened to spend too much time at Walmart partly b/c I waited til the last second to buy my shoes.

I spent the morning with my bridesmaids getting my hair done, still tired from watching 'Bride Wars' with my closest ladies and doing our nails from the night before. You spent the day being a stud -- because you are already good looking. As we pulled up to the church & walked to my bridal suite, I took out my music and belted out some serious dance movies to T.Swift. (No shame!) I put on my beautiful perfect dress that made me feel like the prettiest lady in the entire world.

My bridesmaids and I survived the sweltering humidity of Florida to take our pre-ceremony pictures. My parents were there. While we weren't supposed to see each other that day, I kept trying to sneak peeks of you the entire day because I'm a rebel ;) Finally it was time to snap a few more pictures and get our bouquets ready! It was time!!

Together with my  bridesmaids, I stood at the back of the church with my arm looped on my dad's - ready to see you. I watched as you and your groomsmen entered the church first and the vibe of everyone in the room softened. Our ceremony was starting.

I watched, one by one as the groomsmen came back and walked down the aisle with my bridesmaids. As each one left, my heart grew bigger in anticipation. When it was our time to go, my pastor saw my excitement and calmed my sudden sprint to a slower walk. I started smiling half way down the aisle, the excitement thickened. My dad, handed me off to you and took his place at the front to co-officiate the wedding.

I couldn't stop smiling at you, as we held hands. Then came the time to speak our vows and exchange rings. We exchanged our first communion together and lit our unity candle. Before you knew it, pastor Bruce was announcing we were man & wife. Our first kiss as man & wife was like every fireworks show at Disney + every sports game + the chills you get when it thunder and lightnings out of nowhere -- it was a big deal.

We took our man & wife pictures  - and escaped the crazy rainstorm by minutes. We walked into our reception to the song 'Ever After' by Carrie Underwood - and started the descent to that line of food we had so excitedly picked out months before. Flank steak was at the top of my list. We started eating, I felt like I consumed my food in seconds (that's quite a confession). I kept trying to be polite while eating. That was a fun combo. My mind really went to our cake since the top tier was rootbeer flavored. :) Since everyone was in the same room, everyone was on about us doing our first dance. Our song of choice was 'Two is Better than One' by T.Swift & Boys Like Girls. (Everytime I hear that song on my iTunes, gives me the chills/goosebump combo).

After everyone started dancing, on came the toasts & according to my Facebook posts - some rather not so flattering pictures of me in that time. After that was the cake cutting and you could just not get me off the dance floor! I will have to say that one of the most memorable moments of our wedding was when I opened the gift from your parents, the tissue paper landed on a candle and basically almost set my dress on fire. Haha. I laughed but no one else did.

I was a bit sad to change out of my beautiful gown into a normal dress but it was time to say goodbye, the night had come to an end and let's face it, we were ready to head out as Mr & Mrs :) We came out to our friends & family who had lit up sparklers as a stylish way out.

I still think of that day like it was five minutes ago. It was the best day of my life. <3
Here's to many, many more adventures and growing old with my best friend. :)

Thanks for stopping by. I'll see you back here soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.