Monday, June 9, 2014

The icing on the cake.

Sometimes you just need a relaxing yet productive weekend to soak up in. I faced this issue this am when I got to work after having binge-watched the second season of 'Orange is the New Black' over Friday night/Saturday. I guess to some that seems silly and not cool but I am taking advantage of the fact that I don't have kids yet. Thanks for the judgment, work peeps. I get it. 

Friday was my brother's birthday. The best way to celebrate? 4Rivers BBQ and chocolate cake. Time with family reminiscing about my favorite stories of my brother. He tried to unsuccessfully play the 'I don't remember that card' but lo & behold - I think he did. The best part was that his little boy, my hilariously cute nephew had his cake but then went around trying to convince everyone else he hadn't & should have some of theirs. He got a few extra bites but overall - we all know he had cake and we weren't sharing ours! After the cake, I hit the eliptical at home (this continues to be the BEST present from Christmas). Worked off something.

Saturday we continued to watch OINB on Netflix. I will say there was a few hours gap that day. We needed to get cleaning done and lawns mowed. You know, the domesticness of being a wife needed to happen. We straightened up some rooms in our house, vacuuming and really making all the painting we did last month - look incredible. Hubs cooked us dinner while we resumed our show and it was one of those awesome evenings.

Yesterday was the icing on the cake. We headed to my parents house to swim and enjoy the company of family. Our nephew kept showing me all his animals, his dump truck and just is the smartest little boy. We played in the pool, he threw us his rings and we threw the ball back and forth. I got a tad more tan apparently. He likes to give me kisses (upon request) and I hate when we have to leave but his little waves as he tells us goodbye is the cutest. Pulls at my heartstrings that little guy. & when I got home, I did a step workout - and am now sore. Alas, I am back to Jillian Michaels today & trying the Tone it Up workouts as well.

All in all - I needed this weekend. I didn't have to set an alarm. I got to turn off alarms. I got time with my mister and my pups. I cleaned fiercely (stress relieving). I got to listen to the rain. And I could take naps when I want. The weekends are the best part of my week. Thanks for stopping by. I'll see you back here again for So What, Wednesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.