Saturday, January 11, 2014

{Oh how I love} Saturdays.

Wow sometimes I surprise myself - two posts in a day. & my tenacity to lose the weight in terms of choices that I need to make in order to do so. While I won't deny it, I wanted to lose more than .6 so why not put in the absolute most effort in every area - while keeping my balance in tact. I was telling Chris at dinner (Sam's Club cafe is a luxury) that I feel like the reason I am feeling great about this new motivation & determination is that I am doing what I set out to do without going to extreme. Like I think last year when I was trying to lose the weight - I made unrealistic goals and it just didn't happen. You can't lose 10 lbs overnight or by the following week. This seems like a silly concept but there are many sweaty nights & many workouts ahead before I even make a dent. & that's okay - I'd rather work for it and earn it than be given the body I want. That's my mantra this year - to work hard & dream big. 

This week I posted in my weekly linkup 'Girl Between the Lines' about my dad here & while this week was how his perseverance has been reflected in my life thanks to him - it's definitely not the only teachable moment we've had. Though I will admit that I wish I could go back in time - when I was a teen - I chose not to listen to the teachable moments available so that's a regret but I am thankful that my dad is my dad. Everyday is an encouragement from him in terms of my weight loss - and I will never forget the text I received from him on my two previous birthdays - something along the lines of: "Happy Birthday to my beautiful daughter, you are loved greatly by the Lord and by me - I am so blessed and humbled that I am your dad" - I literally teared up. Even on days where this weight loss journey of mine feels undo-able - he sends texts like that to remind me that no matter what the scale says - I am beautiful & greatly loved! & so are you!

Don't you just love Saturdays that aren't boring to a degree? When I woke up this am - I was telling Chris all that I wanted to get done & for most, this wouldn't be like a jump to it kind of plans. I've been in this cleaning mode since last night - where I've been looking for stuff that needs to be rearranged & made it clean & orderly. Today was no different - we took all of the boxes in our houses from Christmas and the past few months, broke them down & took them to be recycled. Finally can walk in the room without it being an complicated obstacle. & while getting groceries today - we decided to be impulsive a tad. Yay for new pillows & mixer drinks. For those nights that I need a Pina Colada or Margarita. 3 bags for $20 @ Sam's. Dealio!

I am in process of making my blog more - me. Someday when I am done paying off my student loans I will get a design done from Lauren @ The Albrecht's Blog - this chick is talented in that area! Until then - I am busy trying to earn extra to pay all this down. But if anyone has any talent making blog buttons - I'd really like to learn how to make one for my blog & learn how to put other people's buttons on mine. I'd appreciate anyone's talent in that aspect. Also, I am considering putting my blog on Facebook - for those that do it - have you seen more followers find your blog easier? 

Hope your weekend has been fantastic. Time to do some Pinterest & shopping online - I am a visual person so to get excited about my weight loss - I am trying to find something cute in a smaller size to work towards. 

As always - thank you for stopping by. Welcome. You stay classy - xo. Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.