Saturday, January 11, 2014

Serendipitous.

Thank God it's late Friday night/early Saturday morning! Goodness - all week I've been hitting it hard on the workout front except tonight - I indulged on pizza. But I kept having this intuitive feeling that I needed a late night writing sesh where I rocked out to Paramore & did some writing. Who knows its practically 2 am here & I could totes be a rebel and stay up ALL NIGHT. Since its practically Saturday - naps are always a possibility for me. Since I love my husband I will just stick to my headphones instead of making it a concert in my living room. Kind of like that Lizzie McGuire moment where it incredibly backfires on here before she graduates middle school. Fave movie back then. 

This week seemed to fly right on by for me. This am - my boss' mom brought us in breakfast - glad that was a 1 day event because I will not be losing any weight if I had a warm Krispy Kreme donut on a daily basis. Though I won't deny a warm, fresh donut over a cold one - is there anything to really compare that too? 

Have you ever found yourself in a purging mindset? Like you just need to either fiercely clean your house because you need to clean or because it helps you process & work through stuff on your own. Tonight I felt like that - after I had too many calories for dinner - I have been eyeing my kitchen all week like when did a windstorm come through & make a mess in my house. I felt embarrassed and took on about ninety projects simultaneously. What became a project of sweeping the floor, became so much more than that & boy did it feel good. Everything is cleaned off - some dishes that took over my sink are finally washed, & I can feel proud of my effort. Tomorrow is our biweekly grocery trip & I am so glad that I finally re-arranged our pantry - I won''t feel like such a hoarder with all the Pampered Chef, and stuff flying all over my shelves. 

Besides my kitchen that makes me sound like a hobo who doesn't clean that often -- (I really do) - it was much needed to just work it out. I am not really stressed to a degree except with my weight loss goals. I weighed myself and lost .6 over the past few days, but its made me want to do more. I feel like its good for your mind + yourself to have a day/night to get everything in order. Makes everything seem much clearer than trying to go about it blindfolded. 

Whew - its 3am. I feel mentally unpacked & kind of like when Buddy the Elf runs into his dad's office with Zooey Deschanel like I'm in love, I'm in love & I dont care who knows it! One of my favorite lines & favorite movies.

Already excited to get to sleep so I can sleep in tomorrow. You stay classy & thanks for stopping by. - Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.