Wednesday, January 15, 2014

TGBTL Week #6: Best Advice

Happy Wednesday, loves. For all of you just stopping by - welcome. I'm super glad you're here. Today & every Wednesday, I link up with Hayley & Lauren for the Girl Between the Lines. Been meeting some fantastic new friends & I enjoy reading their posts every week. If you'd like to join, feel free to click HERE for more info.

Today's prompt: Best Advice I've ever received.

I've been fairly blessed to have some people in my life who are full of wisdom and don't mind sharing. That said, I am going to share two great examples of advice/wisdom shared. The first is from my wedding. For my guestbook, I asked my guests to share wisdom with us - I found that most of them stuck with 'Don't go to bed angry!' Kind of wish I had gotten more variety but I still enjoyed reading them. (Side note: My mom is a talented woman, she took everything from my wedding & made it into a scrapbook - it's one of those things I'll cherish forever.)**




On the same level of greatness - the morning I was walking to graduate college {May 2, 2009} - my dad hand wrote me a letter that he had written specifically for my big day. He reminded me that I am set apart. He reminds me daily of advice that is incredible. Every time I read this letter to this day, my eyes well up with tears because his writing and his encouragement just get me through those hard moments. Here is a snapshot for you but just know that its one of those items you get in life that you will never part with. I plan on re-enacting it with my kids one day when they've graduated college & hopefully they will keep this up in the future.




Thanks for stopping by! You stay classy. 



2 comments:

  1. Found your post through the link-up. That wedding scrapbook is so cute, and the letter is so sweet. It seems like you have really amazing parents. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not going to bed angry has helped my husband and I work through problems SO much more efficiently. I often see that quote paired with "never fight after 10pm--save it until the morning if you have to" and that has also been great help to us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.