Wednesday, January 29, 2014

TGBTL Week 8: All Grown Up

Happy Wednesday, loves & for those of you stopping by my blog - welcome. Today & every Wednesday, I linkup with two fantastic ladies - Hayley & Lauren for the Girl Between the Lines linkup.

Today's topic is: We're all grown up but how did we turn out based on what we wanted (back in the day)?

When I was a little girl, I used to lay awake at night and wonder what I would be like in my teens and on. I loved playing house with my dolls or by myself - and I knew even then that someday I'd be married, with kids of my own & with my own place. I was all excited to look through my papers from back in zee day but I quickly realized that they're in a bin that is not easily accessible. So I found what I could and it still made me laugh at how cute I was.

Here are some highlights of my childhood - when I was six, I was obsessed with Ariel & the Little Mermaid - in fact that was my birthday as shown below. Complete with my mom's talented sewing to make my dress all Ariel and those were all the gifts - I was convinced greatly that I would become a mermaid. That changed later on when I wanted to be a teacher.


I've kept that love of Little Mermaid alive - though. That was my favorite birthday present last year.



I found this gem above and I personally think it is super cute & made me laugh a few times. A few other of my favorite things were 'Mall Madness' , "Full House & Boy Meets World" and those addictive Mary Kate & Ashley videos - that I still own somewhere.

All in all - I feel like there were some ups & downs in my life, a few regrets that are out of my control but I am the absolute happiest with my life now that if any thing happened differently when I was little - I may or may not have ended up where I am.

There is probably more I could add but this one is sick & needs to hit the hay before I crash. Thanks for popping by! - J

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!! I loved Mall Madness and Mary Kate & Ashley!! So fun. Good times :) Thanks for linking up, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.