Monday, September 14, 2015

Countdown to THIRTY://Day 19.

Hope your week is off and running to a positive start. Thanks for stopping by again today as I remember another favorite birthday past along my countdown to starting my 30's era. I am REALLY excited if you can't tell. :)

Tonight I want to remember and celebrate my 2nd birthday. As I mentioned yesterday, I lived up north for the first 5+ years of my life and all my immediate family lived close so I celebrated these birthdays with them. It wasn't uncommon for my multi talented mom to make me a cake, sew me a gift or a combination of these. This particular birthday is my favorite facial expression. I plan on fully recreating this same picture on my 30th. I think it will be a fine joint celebration with cupcakes WITH the same expression.

I showed this picture to some of my coworkers recently and one of them mentioned that hilarious facial expression, "Is that your first time ever having cake?" Haha. No! But it was a homemade Cabbage Patch made of chocolate -- who wouldn't enjoy that? - my reply.

As most of you know, God hasn't blessed my husband & I with our own small baseball team of kids. My mom recently gifted me with some cake pans she had in her house that she didn't want anymore - so for my kids I have some different designs to choose from - Big Bird, Little Mermaid (my eyes got wide with excitement when I got this!), Winnie the Pooh, and gingerbread. I love to find cake pans. These sales get me excited. Yep, I am quirky that way. & that's okay.

My second birthday was apparently pretty fantastic. Every time I see it - it makes me smile.
& even though this year I am blowing out candles for number 30 really soon -- I am really really excited to start this new chapter. I had an incredible childhood. & thus far, adulting hasn't been too horrible.

Again, thanks for stopping by, if nothing else to see what birthday I choose. I hope you'll stop by tomorrow and through the rest of this mini blog post series. - J


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.