Sunday, September 13, 2015

Countdown to THIRTY//Day Twenty.

20 days left of my 20's & then I flip the page to begin the new era of my THIRTIES. My husband, family & bestest friends know that I get really, really excited about my birthday. In fact, if you're familiar with my favorite show - How I Met Your Mother - I am pretty much a twin of Lily every birthday of mine. You're welcome.

Today I am starting this new mini blog post series as I celebrate my favorite birthdays in the past 29 years. I've been planning my 30th since the day I turned 29 & I'm not kidding. :)

Today I am going to remember my sixth birthday. When I was little - I technically had 2 celebrations. What kid doesn't like that? One party was strictly for family since I lived up north during that time and another for friends. My grandpa (may he rest in peace) video recorded this particular birthday. It's the cutest thing to watch because of how small my cousins are. These days I do miss my family birthday celebrations but the friends/family in my life - I am grateful for them.

What made my 6th birthday special was because it sparked my love for Ariel//Little Mermaid. Every single gift I got that year was Little Mermaid & I loved every moment of it. The clothes, the dolls, everything. :) & my mom truly outdid herself. She sewed me a Little Mermaid pillow (still sleep with it every night) & a Little Mermaid dress with a matching bow. Saving both for my future daughter to wear. <3




My sixth birthday was a legendary day. Truly I have the best family and friends to celebrate with. Memories were created. My mom baked me a dollcake - I now have the same dollcake set to make for my future kids. And I cannot wait for the day when I have kids. I really wish I would STOP getting asked from certain people when that would be. All I know is that I am making dents in my weight loss and when God wants me to bless us - that He will. Until then, I will countdown til I'm officially THIRTY. :) 

Have a truly fantastic rest of your weekend. Much to do before my 6am alarm for working out. - J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.