Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Favorite things.

I cannot believe tomorrow is Halloween, and the end of my birthday month! Glad we already bought all of our candy weeks ago and might I add, we only helped ourselves to one. of each. ;) But then we haven't had any since. Everyone buys their candy for 'trick-or-treaters' only & pledges whether internally or out loud -- this is only for the kids, I won't have any. Then secretly, you help yourself here & there. I won't spill your secret :)  I think I am way more excited for November 1st where all Halloween candy is 50% off or more. That's my indulgence.

Everybody has their loves, or as Julie Andrews calls them -- my favorite things. Besides the obvious ones like Jesus, my husband/pups/family, there are those other great joys of my life. I am going to share nine -- there are many more... 

1) Regardless of how you think of their views of what they stand for -- one of my first fave things is CHICKFILA. My hubs & I ate their tonight actually for a impromptu date night and it was incredible. Especially their sweet tea, iced tea & the spicy chicken sandwich - which is kind of like eating the sun. Tonight I scored free dessert which was great timing w/ my promotion at work that happened earlier today :) I could eat there for every meal if I could afford it.

2) Zumba would be my second. I enjoy it because I can do it in my home and not have that big wall length mirror I've heard about. Makes me feel great and I really enjoy dancing as a work out. Ever since my husband intro'd me to it last year -- its one of my absolute favorite things especially after a rough day.

3) Shopping for kitchenware/more gadgets to cook with. Most of my cookware were wedding gifts & some came out of Pampered Chef consultant days which ended this summer. I love experimenting in the kitchen with different flavors and recipes. My hubs is a picky eater so all these Pinterest recipes I try, only about half of them end up being repeaters. When I cook dinner, there are nights when we do our own thing but I do enjoy making dinner for us. 

4) All things Disney. -- theme parks, merchandise, cruise ships, water parks, movies. I love all of it especially since i married a Disney nerd. Our kids are going to looooove us when they arrive. 

5) Beach days. Since I live in sunny Florida, I have quite a few beach options available whenever I want. Except for Jax Beach -- its gorgeous but too far. I love the time I am there -- out in the sun, with my hubs/family, under the umbrella, wiggling my toes in the sand and the sunny weather making me tan. These are the moments I live for especially if my hubs ever loved seafood, and do one of those cutesy restaurants by the water. Eating a cheeseburger at the beach doesn't scream attractive. 

6) Movies like Harry Potter, Freedom Writers, Bridesmaids, or even 10 Things I Hate About You. With the exception of the last one, all of the movies tell a story. Whether it makes you pee your pants from laughing or just merely takes you away and entertains you -- these are movies I really enjoy the most. 

7) COFFEE. I love me some Starbucks. I remember the first time I really enjoyed coffee. I was staying with my gparents and they let me try some with Hazelnut creamer. From then on, I was addicted. I got my first coffee maker & just absolutely LOVED it. I still have it from time to time but I find that hot coffee puts me to sleep and cold coffee wakes me up. But I do enjoy Starbucks, especially Green Tea fraps. INCREDIBLE. 

8) Thin Mint cookies. There's something about these cookies that are just incredible. They are the majority of what I buy from Girl Scouts and just overall the yummiest cookies. Also really addictive. I like to take them, my manual food processor & make my own blizzard.

9) Scrapbooking. I come from a family of DIY/crafty ones. My mom intro'd me when I was in my teens. I am still in process of working on my first cruise scrapbook, just went on my second & in a few months will be completing my third. Clearly I need to get on it and finish them. These will be great keepsakes for us later and our children over the years to see the adventures that their parents went on, and the ones they will join us on. :)

I could take this list and keep going but this snapshot is good enough for me. :) Tomorrow is Halloween, hope you stay safe & your kids enjoy themselves. I am taking the day off for some dental work. Hopefully I won't be too sore bc tomorrow night while I pass out candy, we're concluding our Harry Potter marathon. 

{jess}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.