Monday, October 21, 2013

lately.



Currently, it feels like EVERYTHING in life seems to be stacking up to where its hard to see anything else. I keep sitting down to update everything and those that follow me, and it just feels like my to do list grows bigger. Maybe its the season of knowing the holiday season is right around the corner & excitedly showing up at stores. Now that my weekend of insane busyness is over, and the work week has resumed -- I wanted to get back into blogging with some key words.

Insurance claims suck.// Almost four months ago, my husband & I came home from celebrating our wedding anniversary to water all over our floor. We kept laying down towels but the water kept seeping out. To make a long, frustrating story short -- we had a water leak in our home. We had to have huge dehumidifiers in our house for a week. We started the process of filing a claim with our insurance company and let's keep it simple -- its been a less than stellar experience. We're still drudging along, hoping for a big breakthrough.

Excited over the moon// for the fact that Thanksgiving & Christmas come swiftly after Halloween. When I was a young girl, I enjoyed dressing up for Halloween because as a young kid, the logic is - yes, I'll wear that goofy outfit because it leads me to CANDYYYY! That wasn't your mindset? Oh, awkward. But while I love the holidays, its hard not too. I mean there are just so many awesome things that make their appearance. I feel like the list of these come outta my mouth like the moment in Forrest Gump when Bubba and Forrest are cleaning the floor with toothbrushes and Bubba is impressing Forrest with his love of shrimp and all that he can do with it...  Except my list would start with: Starbucks holiday drinks, pie, my mom's home cooking, TURKEY!, decorating the house inside and out, putting up the Christmas tree, family coming over whenever they want, presents, Macy's day parades, traditions and Charlie Brown influx. There are so many more things about this list but I could go on and on if I so desired.


Relieved//that fall weather is bringing out mu motivation. I recently discovered the store, World Market and my close lady friends know that in my house -- I am obsessed with finding more items for my kitchen, decorating my house and finding ornaments whenever we go on an adventure. There are so many projects I want to do, some of them can be seen on my Pinterest boards. But then when I get to JoAnn's -- I lose myself in the insaneness of prospective projects. I am making a 3 homemade Christmas gifts for my family this year and I am really excited that I am finally able to be crafty. I am learning how to sew, then crochet, then knitting, then more scrapbooking. It's easy to wrap myself up on ideas with Pinterest but honestly -- my big goal right now is making our house into a home in the decor sense.  I think that's my new Pinterest inspiration next to cooking/baking. I love perusing the home section @ Target, and getting cute ideas to reality.

Counting down//for our next vacation in a few months. My husband will be celebrating his next birthday on the Disney Dream cruise ship, where we just celebrated mine at the beginning of the month. I absolutely love cruising, you meet so many wonderful people, Disney's service and onboard activities are incredible -- I am just ready to sail away for a few days and have uninterrupted time with my mister away from life, our dogs, bills, not so nice neighbors that we just deserve a break from at times.

Well, if you can't tell its back to my to-do list and really making a bigger effort to do ZUMBA, make those phone calls. Pinning new ideas to decorate my house in the way that makes us happy & finding creative outlets to relieve stress & sleep well at night. Lastly, I am using my handy dandy app to get myself into a more frequent post-ing schedule. Hope you had an eventful Monday & have a happy week :) Today was a grrrrrreat day for myself and I thank you for all good thoughts and prayers sent my way this week for an awesome result :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.