Monday, September 22, 2014

Without my FAMILY, I wouldn't be ME.

Hello friends. Happy first day of the best time of year: FALL! Those who know me hear this phrase essentially everyday from September til December. Since I live in Central Florida where FALL weather sadly is non-existent - I live vicariously through my friends instagram/facebook/pictures where they get to enjoy the leaves changing, the cooler weather, etc.
I am originally from up North and I always loved the beginning of fall - sunsets were prettier, leaves changed colors, and well because my birthday is in the fall. ;) So those who get to enjoy FALL for what it really is outside FL - ENJOY IT. :)

I discovered the TimeHop App on accident earlier this year and I am so glad I found it. It reminds me of moments that I have almost forgotten and most, if not all, put a smile on my face and give me goosebumps. Something along these lines.

Today, this picture was waiting for me inside the app. & it definitely gave me a smile/goosebump combo right away.

This picture (taken by my Mom) is in the fall of 2009. This particular year was blessed heavily in my family for a plethora of reasons:
1) March 2009 - My Papa (Dad's Dad) passed away unexpectedly. It was a dark time for me but while I miss him daily - he is in eternity, waiting for everyone and I can't wait to see him again.

2) May 2009 - I graduated college. While we were in the heat of the recession, I didn't land a job or face any prospects. Good thing God is at the helm of my plans and steers me in the direction He wants for me which was coming weeks later by introducing the love of my life.

3) July 2009 - I met my now husband, Chris online and we fell in love. He was moving back west at the end of the summer. When he did and I had to say goodbye, a part of my heart got on that plane.

4) October 2009 - I moved halfway across the country to Kansas to be with the man I loved. This was the first time in my entire life I took such a risk but when you know that you're supposed to be with them -- you just kind of make some decisions and take some risks on the fly. We have a love story that will be one to tell the grandkids.

THIS PHOTO was taken in the summer of 2009, maybe early fall 2009. 

 I had lost weight - a good amount. I felt really good. I was getting ready to start another chapter and this picture reminds me who has my back, who I have in my corner. My family has always been special and very close knit to me. Especially extended family. No matter what chapter I am beginning, am in the middle of or just ended, I can always rest assured knowing my family is in my corner and has helped transform me into who I am today. Each of them have special roles individually but when we're all together - you can't put a price on that. The love we have for each other and love we share as a family is an unbreakable bond. Without them, my extended family & in-laws - I wouldn't be who I am today. I wouldn't be growing or know what its like to be strong/resilient in tough times. I wouldn't know how to love, or know what love is without the Godly examples I grew up with my great grandparents, my grandparents or my parents. I wouldn't understand what the big life lessons are and why its important to beat to the drum of your own beat. These beautiful people are my family and I couldn't be happier or feel more complete. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.