Monday, September 15, 2014

Why Frozen's 'Let It Go' & Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' is Greater than or Equal to my Past.

Hey friends. Bet you weren't thinking that could even be an analogy or a math problem. I've been thinking lately how much I love both of these songs and why combined they don't just appeal to kids. If you think about the lyrics and while they're fun to belt out too -- they can be applied to your life!

 









I am a Taylor Swift + Frozen fan. That may make me totally unpopular but I really refuse to care. 

How do these songs relate to my life in any way? 

1) Both of these songs provide fresh perspective when I think about my past: relationships gone wrong with guys and friends, my not so pleasant experience in middle or high school. My teen years. There are many experiences I am not fond of and don't remember fondly but these songs literally help me remember to 'Let it Go because ALL of that is in my PAST.' No longer important to my life.

2) Keeps me focused on ME & my goals. These songs help me remember that taking a glimpse into my past even in the smallest window - is pointless and does absolutely nothing to edify me. Satan tries to use it as a foothold in my life because I was skinnier in that time period. This is why I enjoy creating scrapbooks with my mom & printing out canvasses of those real happy moments. It's my way of remembering my past but only the highlights and focusing on these.

3) Puts a smile on my face. Like I said - I am a Taylor Swift fan + a Frozen fan. I am already saving up and counting down to buy Taylor's new album. Hooray for Target exclusives. 

4) Reminds me of where I come from but not where I am staying at. These songs keep me motivated and encouraged that regardless of what happened years ago do not matter. Parts of my past did help mold me into who I am today, specifically some individuals more than others. But those times taught me who I am and what is important to me in the long term. All those years that I hated myself and I hated being bullied -- only made me stronger. Music became my alliance against them. Jesus helped me forgive, let it go and move on. {Not all of my past is negative or bad - but there are bigger chunks that I wish I could've avoided}.*

Regardless of what is in your past, I hope these songs can inspire and encourage you in some way as well. While they were meant for kids initially - I love finding music that I can enjoy and apply it to my life. So I wish to thank Taylor Swift + the songwriters of 'Frozen' who changed my life & put a smile on my face. I wish I could meet all of them, its on my bucket list. <3

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.