Monday, July 14, 2014

When staycation is on your brain. 24-7.

Happy Monday! Hope your weekend was smooth, exciting and even relaxing. It's been stormin' like crazy where I live - yesterday knocked out power during the creepiest scene of Hemlock Grove (Netflix series). I love weekends where not only I'm super productive but also have the freedom to take naps when I please. I also did some grilling and had a few unofficial marathons.

Who doesn't love Spencer or iCarly?

This coming weekend, my in laws arrive! I am excited but I know C is so much more excited since he only sees them twice a year if he's lucky. He also has one more vacation day than me so I know next week he'll be having a good time. Busy, busy week of fierce cleaning, baking and getting our house ready so I am not embarrassed by stuff on the floor and flinging them into closets.

So - if you couldn't tell - the thought of being on staycation is now on my brain 24-7. I entertain the thought of it but if I do for too long - I am sure this is how I must look to my co-workers:

That scene in the movie 'Fever Pitch' where Drew Barrymore is fast sleep in her chair, drooling holding a Diet Coke. Her boss comes in, not pleased.(No specific image found on Google)

So - yes back to my point - staycation is now on my brain - all day. I have 6 more days of work that requires my focus and attention so I ask you blog friends - any tips on how not to either go crazy wanting to be on vacation already? How do you stay sane before you can officially mentally check out? I appreciate any tips.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll see you back here tomorrow for another good time.

You stay classy! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.