Sunday, August 24, 2014

//August Weekend Update//

I didn't expect to take a month hiatus from blogging because its my creative outlet but after I returned from vacation - it just kind of happened. I was wrestling internally if it was something I wanted to keep doing or if I wanted to pull the plug - and here I am. I think if I stopped - it wouldn't be permanent because I enjoy it. I may never have a huge audience but if I impact the life of one person for the better - I am happy. 

So. lately on my mind - I've been bitten or re-bitten by my true passion. When my mom graduated with her Master's last month - I baked her a graduation cake to celebrate with family. I realized that is my biggest passion in life besides scrapbooking, if I could open my own bakery - and get my book published through Amazon - than I will feel accomplished. For now - my kitchen is my "bakery" but I will never stop finding more kitchen tools to get my hands on for practice. 

Here is what I've been up to this month in no particular order. :) 

I bought this set of 3 mini springform pans from Target and I love it. I am planning on using them in a few weeks when I get my ladies together for some cheesecake. Then to celebrate my Dad/SIL's birthdays I am making us all individual cakes with these. I like to partake in the calories and my dad doesn't. 


I also have my eyes on a few more baking tools - new pans, cookie cutters - this excites me. :) 

This summer I really wanted to work on my house on the inside - which we have. I always seem to catch the sales at Target when I want something and I came across these collage frames that just look fantastic. I basically fell in love with them - I bought a second last weekend and am planning how to use it. The first captured our adventures so well - make them look really snazzy. 


I am a Taylor Swift fan. If you see me on the way to work - I am usually belting out one of her songs in the car with a big smile on my face. I was pretty psyched last week when she announced her new album and I absolutely love her new single 'Shake It Off' .. Probably because I relate to the underlining message - forget the haters & enjoy who you are! That's me everyday. :) I am in the process of pre-ordering the deluxe version at Target! 


Yesterday I spent the day at my parents house. It was nice to relax while simultaneously being welcomed. I helped my mom organize and clean out the office. I helped my nephew read his book about trucks. I watched HGTV with my favorite pup. My mom and i made plans for my birthday. My sister welcomed me with a big hug when I arrived. I haven't seen them in a while so it was nice to have a fun day with them while helping them. 


Last weekend my fam and I celebrated my mom's new Master's degree. I made a cake and we celebrated the graduate. Before my sistas and I were cheesin together. We love to have our own Photoshoots. 



My birthday is in a little over a month away and I am excited. It's my last birthday in my twenties. It's going to be a great year for many reasons:
1) Sometime in the year I am going to hit my weight loss goal.
2. I will hit 4 years at my job.
3. I will celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary.
4. I will celebrate being an aunt for the second time!
5. I will be going on another Disney cruise. 

Thanks for stopping by. Glad to be back on my blog. 
~ jessica 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my page and am more grateful for your comment. Be blessed.